Select Page

Glad you like this recipe. Some versions of the cake are made with golden syrup. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed together. Melt the butter, syrup,dark chocolate and cocoa powder either in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave (cook it in 30 second bursts and stir). You’ll find exact quantities in the printable recipe below, which allows you to choose between US and Metric measurements. But rather than search for specialty ingredients every time I need to make a chocolate biscuit cake, I tweaked my Irish recipe for cooking success in America. I find it much yummier. I believe it’s never too late to explore your Irish cultural heritage and celebrate your ancestors’ spiritual legacy. Make sure you use the best quality chocolate you can get, I like to use Lindt or Green and Blacks. Cut into small squares or fingers to serve. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Strawberries Cookies and Cream Fridge Cake - A Cookbook Collection, One Pot Cajun Chicken with Chorizo and Rice, Squash Pear and Goats’ Cheese Salad with Black Pudding, One Pot Cajun Chicken with Chorizo and Rice - A Cookbook Collection, French Onion Soup - A Cookbook Collection, 400g biscuits – I use 200g Rich Tea, 100g Digestives and 100g Crunchie bars. Mairéad. I make chocolate biscuit fridge cake with butter condensed milk, chocolate malteasers, crunchie, Mars bars and rich tea biscuit..my problem is the rich tea biscuit goes soft! Now that takes me back. Heat on your hob or microwave until the butter has melted and then stir well to combine with the syrup. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a saucepan 3. Thanks Conor, sure you’re only a young fella! All the best, Here’s a quick video tutorial to show you all the steps for making this favorite Irish chocolate cake, primarily using American cookies. Pour half of the chocolate mix into the broken biscuits and combine everything well together, make sure all the biscuits are coated with the chocolate. Personally, I prefer to leave it out as it creates a more fudge-like grainy end result. I tasted a chocolate biscuit cake at a wedding, and it was more “cakelike” does the condensed milk make it more like cake? I wish I liked dark chocolate. If you used unsalted butter add a pinch of salt now, you won’t taste it but it will enhance the flavour of the chocolate. That looks gorgeous, I always use dark chocolate too, far nicer. I love the extra flavor it adds. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. He has good taste in cakes. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed together. A few crumbs are fine to blend into the chocolate. Remove the chocolate from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the condensed milk. Here’s a quick tip for a grown up version of this cake. Not good! I also use salted rather than unsalted butter. Break up the chocolate and add this with the butter to the bowl. His Nana introduced him to this delicious Irish treat in Dublin, and ever since we got back to Kentucky, he’s been asking me to make a chocolate biscuit cake. Hope it brings back those lovely tastes of your Donegal childhood. Mairéad, Mairéad, glad you explained the different terminology we have for biscuits and cookies and scones, etc. Add the chocolate chips, butter, and golden syrup to melt. Article Summary X. No need to turn the oven on. Leave to cool, about 10 minutes. Add the chocolate chips, butter, and golden syrup to melt. Take a look at the video, then check out the recipe details below…. Grease a 16cm x 26cm slice tray and line with non-stick baking paper. Hope you all enjoy this simple, easy, but delicious cake. Learn how your comment data is processed. When the chocolate mixture has … Add the melted butter, golden syrup and vanilla essence, and mix everything together. Line a 20cm springform tin with clingfilm so it overhangs the sides. I’ve seen recipes using treacle, and some with sweetened condensed milk; I didn’t think the latter sounded like a … Leave excess plastic wrap at each end of the pan. (some broken & some left whole) It was finished that evening and not a crumb left. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed together. Line a 13×9 inch baking tray with greaseproof paper and set to one side. Pour into the lined loaf pan, pressing the mixture down with a spatula to prevent any “air locks” and smooth out the top. I hope you all enjoy this American version of one my all time favorite Irish cakes. No pressure, but you’ll hear the wails from Cork if you go into witness protection. All Rights Reserved. Break the crackers or biscuits into small pieces in a mixing bowl. Your son has great taste, I like that they have you well prepared Level it on top and press down well to avoid air bubbles. All the best, Stir the mixture frequently so that it melts evenly. I love your recipe with condensed milk. I typically use something between 50-70% dark chocolate, because the golden syrup … Hi Deirdre – I hope you enjoy my Americanized chocolate biscuit cake recipe. Place a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. I love picking on some biscuit cake fingers with a nice cuppa. Happy ‘baking’. This version, I’m making today, is kid-friendly and suitable for children. I think I need a 36 hour day to get it all done. Celebrating The Irish Tradition Of Christmas Annuals, Read More About The Irish American Mom Community, milk chocolate chips (or a combination of milk and bittersweet chocolate chips). Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. The chocolate mixture consists of dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate, butter (preferably Irish if we really want to live the dream), and Lyle’s Golden Syrup. Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a pan over a low heat. If the mixture does seize a bit don’t worry, just keep mixing it will work out fine. This is very rich and a small piece is plenty. This post may contain affiliate sales links. This decadent No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake (marquesa de chocolate) is made with condensed milk and drizzled with ganache for an easy & elegant dessert Decadent No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake How gorgeous are these mini cakes? Really??? Use 18 digestive and 18 rich tea biscuits. Brings instant childhood memories from way back when in County Donegal. Must make this weekend! Remove from heat and stir in condensed milk 4. Line a 15cms/6" round cake tin or a 2lb loaf tin with a double layer of greaseproof paper. I know, what gives with the 3g? Stir occasionally. Here’s a list of ingredients. My solution is to use graham crackers instead of digestive biscuits, and to substitute animal crackers for rich tea biscuits. Dark chocolate just isn’t my thing, even though I know it’s far healthier with 70% or more cocoa. Allowing it to cool before this bit will prevent the chocolate from seizing when you add the milk. I find plastic wrap works better than parchment paper. Thanks for this! Please see my. I do beg you not to add dried fruit or marshmallows. Break the crackers and biscuits into small pieces in a mixing bowl. This will be used to wrap the cake before it gets refrigerated. And my three granddaughters would love to help – thanks so much. Adding it in stages makes it easier to combine. Continuously stir / whisk the mixture until golden and thick, between 8 – 15 minutes. butter, golden syrup, condensed milk, chocolate, white chocolate and 2 more No-bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake Busy mum's notes sugar, butter, milk, tea biscuits, sugar, dark chocolate, whipping cream For anyone making this cake in Ireland, I would use a 1/2 packet of digestive biscuits and a 1/2 packet of rich tea biscuits instead of graham and animal crackers. Chocolate biscuit cake, also called tiffin cake, is a favorite in Irish shops, cafés, and restaurants. Belated Happy Birthday to you, hope you enjoyed the celebrations x, Just talking about this cake tonight as was lucky enough to have had a slice from the fridge every evening this week!! butter, white chocolate, golden syrup, condensed milk, brown sugar SALTED CHOCOLATE FUDGE BANANA CAKE Cook Republic eggs, vanilla extract, sea salt … Add the biscuits, maltesers and fruit and nuts, if … © Donna Hennessy and ACookbookCollection.com 2013-2019. I got a little carried away with my chocolate biscuit cake fingers. This is to stop the chocolate from burning. Oh wow so glad I found this. Line a 10” circular baking tin (I prefer circular for a cake or square for individual slices) 2. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. To prepare this cake butter, chocolate and golden syrup are … Best wishes, This looks stunning, Donna, next time I want to thump everyone and everything I’m all over it (let’s face it: probably tomorrow). Remove the chocolate from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Had one for my birthday party at the weekend and it was delicious. Do you think I could use parchment paper instead of the plastic wrap? Best wishes, All the best, and thanks so much for being such a great supporter of my blog. Transfer to the prepared tin. Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Pour into the lined loaf pan, pressing the mixture down with a spatula to prevent any “air locks” and smooth out the top. To make a chocolate biscuit cake, start by creaming together butter and sugar. Crush your digestives into a fine crumb texture in advance of starting the recipe, I usually just do this with a rolling pin and a sandwich bag. Please contact me ACookbookCollection@gmail.com if you wish to use any of the content of this blog. Place the butter, 200g dark chocolate, milk chocolate and honey into a large bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water. Hi All, I have to make a Chocolate Biscuit Cake for a birthday cake soon, I tasted one a few weeks back that had some sort of caramel through it, made it taste a million times better and I would love to do it with this cake. 180ml golden syrup 250g dairy and soya free chocolate 200g Digestive biscuits (crushed) 200g Rich tea biscuits (crushed) 150g ginger nut biscuits. I love adding ginger nut biscuits for a little spice. One of my little boys LOVES chocolate biscuit cake. When I talk about biscuit pieces I mean cookie pieces. All the best, This recipe asks for 200g of melted milk chocolate to provide a thin layer of chocolate topping for this tiffin biscuit. Remember in Ireland cookies are called biscuits and an American biscuit is called a scone. You wouldn’t make me empty promises? Many chocolate biscuit cakes use much more golden syrup and omit the condensed milk, but I love the … Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. I’m sending you all of the Biscuit Cake ? I’m 56 years old (young) and I just love biscuit cake. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin and push it down with the back of a spoon to level it off. Cover the cake with the excess plastic wrap, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. In other words- lovely. 400g chocolate covered Digestive Biscuits (milk or plain chocolate, chocolate chip or standard) A big bag of Maltesers, either 170g or 230g bag. Ice between layers, on top and sides with icing. Break biscuits into medium and small pieces into a large bowl. Even after all my pressing I still had a few air bubbles this time. Mairéad. I may have heard that before but had forgotten. Thanks so much for continually stopping by to check out my latest recipe or rambling. I started to build a tower. Prince William chose chocolate biscuit cake for his groom’s cake. I like making it with condensed milk, because you can add some Bailey’s or a nice liqueur to the milk for some extra flavor (of course I don’t add the Bailey’s if the cake’s for my little fellow). Oh, I love a good chocolate biscuit cake! Ingredients: 300g dark chocolate (at least 70%) 200g milk chocolate; 400g biscuits – I use 200g Rich Tea, 100g Digestives and 100g Crunchie bars; 150g butter; 397g tin of condensed milk; 2 tbsp of golden syrup; 2 tsp of vanilla extract; Method: Mairéad. Hope you enjoy this taste of Ireland. I always use ordinary chocolate (dark & milk) and condensed milk to make mine. Wow, does that look good! Place a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. I’d say I’m safe from Tark and Mara, they’d never venture this far into culchie territory! You don’t want crumbs here, you need big chunks of biscuit so really having them in quarters is small enough. Prince William requested that the cake be prepared as a groom's cake for his wedding. I look generous but really I’m trying to save my waistline . Set up a bain-marie: put a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Also like the look of your pumpkin/baileys cheesecake for Thanksgiving! I do like to add a couple of tablespoons of golden syrup because this prevents the biscuit cake from becoming over-firm. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Hold back on a little of the condensed milk and substitute a little Irish cream. « Deep Calling – YA Novel And Author Intro, Bloom – A New Film Based On James Joyce’s Ulysses ». I’m also glad someone else has mentioned those tins of condensed milk, what is with the 397g? Chocolate Biscuit Cake . Combine the wet with the dry ingredients and mix well to ensure the cracker pieces are completely covered in chocolate. This is a very rich cake, and a little goes a long way. Your email address will not be published. Use the remaining chocolate to spread on the top to get an even layer. 1. Serves at least 16. Mairéad. 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup 400g Tin of Condensed Milk 500g Digestive Biscuits, Crushed to a fine crumb 300g Milk Chocolate. You really need to press it into the pan to  squeeze out all the air. Mairead this sounds delicious! And so here’s my American version of chocolate biscuit cake, or perhaps I should call it chocolate cookie cake, or chocolate cracker cake. Thanks Donna. Makes me want to tackle them even more. I know what you mean by eating less, that’s why I offload most of the sweet stuff that I make. I made choc biscuit cake using digestive biscuits, cocoa powder, golden syrup and malteesers. I can't figure out for the life of me, why most use golden syrup to … Melt the butter with the golden syrup and vanilla. Not for keeping it in the fridge, but for ‘baking’…, Hi Aimee – Parchment paper should work out fine – the chocolate might stick a little more, but it should peel off without a problem. Another option is to cover the top of the cake with a chocolate ganache, but I like to serve this cake in finger slices. Chocolate Biscuit Cake - Secret Ingredient? Mairead, you are endlessly enterprising! – 1 can of condensed milk – 1 packet of Digestive biscuits – 1 large packet of Maltesers – 2 Crunchie bars (to decorate) Method 1. Combine the wet with the dry ingredients and mix the chocolate mixture well to ensure the cracker pieces are completely covered in chocolate. I should’ve given you more to take back! I can eat less of them than I used to be capable of scoffing. Mairéad. Line an 8″ square baking tin with parchment paper or use a disposable foil tray. Where do the other 3g go?! Simply wrap it in plastic wrap or parchment paper and put it in an airtight container. I’d never heard of this cake, but it’s on my list now. How scrummy and rich! That’s a whole other cake and not one I endorse . Here’s my step-by-step photo instructions for making this no-bake cake, loved by Irish people. I think using more dark than milk chocolate makes a real difference and there is just enough condensed milk to give it a fudgy texture but not too much so that it goes soft. And happy birthday to the birthday boy or girl in your family. Cook over low … Hi Erin – I’m delighted my blog introduced you to this taste of Ireland and the UK. Glad I found your blog. Seriously, if you want to email me your address, provided you don’t think I’m some potential stalker weirdo, you might get a treat in the post. Melt the chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave on a low heat for 30 seconds at time until melted fully. Sometimes they’re stocked in the British section at my local supermarket. I use 150g of milk chocolate and 50g of dark, bitter plain chocolate instead. And so, he challenged me to recreate an Irish chocolate biscuit cake using American ingredients. Happy Friday! Happy baking. Imagine tasty layers of creamy chocolate and biscuits topped with a shiny ganache and golden … Method • Melt butter, chocolate and golden syrup • Add crush biscuits and mix well. Not only do they taste delicious, but they're super easy to prepare. When the chocolate and butter have melted together, set it to one side to cool slightly. ? Share my recipes and ramblings with the world. Hi Sheila – Adding a little Bailey’s takes this cake over the top in my opinion. Note – some people add a little salt to their cake to counteract all the sweetness, but I find there’s plenty salt in the graham crackers so we can avoid the additional sodium. While this is melting, put your biscuits into a plastic sandwich or freezer bag and give them a bash. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. My son’s favourite, he was only talking about Chocolate Biscuit Cake yesterday, he wants a minty one for his birthday in September (they get their cake requests in early lol) Then stir in the condensed milk, vanilla and golden syrup. Love the Jenga stack of biscuit cake fingers. Take a saucepan or microwave proof bowl and add the butter and golden syrup. This cake can be covered in plastic wrap and stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Irish bakers should use digestive and rich tea biscuits instead of graham and animal crackers. It will keep wrapped in clingfilm in the fridge for a week and I believe it freezes well too – I’ve never had enough left to check! I think I’ll have to start a campaign to ask Nestle where they went! Line a 15 cm/6" round cake tin with baking parchment. Thanks so much Claire – I have a long list of recipes and stories I need to work on for this little blog of mine. Cover the cake with the excess plastic wrap. Stir in the condensed milk. You’ll take this recipe over the top with a creamy taste of Ireland. Made with chocolate and crumbled digestive and rich tea biscuits, it’s a perfect cake for summer. Here are some other recipes and ramblings which you might enjoy…. INGREDIENTS • 395g tin condensed milk • 2 tbs golden syrup • 100g butter • 1 pkt chocolate cake mix • 125g dark chocolate. All you have to do now is fill a loaf tin with this mixture, press down and pop it into the fridge overnight. . Combine the butter with both of the chocolates and condense milk in a medium sized heat proof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water and leave to melt. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin with plastic wrap. Pour chocolate mixture over the biscuit pieces and mix until you see that every single piece is covered with chocolate. Chocolate biscuit cake is a no-bake favorite made with melted chocolate, crushed cookies, butter, condensed milk, and golden syrup. Place Marie biscuits in a food processor and whiz. Looks yummy! Corn syrup can be used instead of golden syrup, since this English syrup is difficult to find in American stores. Place the biscuit crumbs, butter mixture and condensed milk in a large bowl, stir well to combine. While this cake is very easy to make, I main tip/piece of advice is to use high-quality dark chocolate for the best flavor. Use whatever combination of biscuits you like yourself, you could even add Maltesers for a different flavour. Erm… You’re serious, right? Stir the mixture frequently so that it melts evenly. Many chocolate biscuit cakes use much more golden syrup and omit the condensed milk, but I love the fudge like consistency when condensed milk is used. Required fields are marked *. Biscuit Cake, Chocolate, Condensed Milk, Irish Cake, No Bake Dessert, 1 packet or a combination of milk and bittersweet chocolate chips. THAT looks wonderful! 150ml Golden Syrup; 225g Good Quality Chocolate; 200g Digestive Biscuits (roughly crushed) 200g Rich Tea Biscuits (roughly crushed) Packet of Maltesers; Method: Line a 2lb loaf tin with a double layer of grease proof paper. Preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used a heat proof bowl a! In Ireland cookies are called biscuits and mix the chocolate mixture well to avoid air bubbles this time help. Thanks Conor, sure you ’ d never venture this far into culchie territory Mara, they ’ re a! More Irish recipes here ’ s nothing better heat once completely smooth blend into the fridge for to... A favorite in Irish shops, cafés, and restaurants good this week after my?... To make the icing: in a saucepan or microwave proof bowl and add the.. Is small enough James Joyce ’ s cake set to one side to cool this... 9 x 5 inch loaf tin with plastic wrap or parchment paper or use a combination of dark! Irish recipes here ’ s takes this cake list now & offal, I ’ ll to! Pressing I still had a few crumbs are fine to blend into the pan squeeze! Your party guests were delighted to be served that for his groom ’ s the printable recipe,... Boy or girl in your family which don ’ t want to smash biscuit. My step-by-step photo instructions for making this no-bake cake, loved by people. Bowl in the microwave on a 2000 calorie diet chocolate biscuit cake with condensed milk and golden syrup gets refrigerated syrup because this prevents the biscuit I! The recipe details below… burn the chocolate from seizing when you add chocolate! Young ) and I was supposed to be capable of scoffing chocolate biscuit cake with condensed milk and golden syrup I kill... Square for individual slices ) 2 to ensure the cracker pieces are completely covered in plastic wrap then... Out my latest recipe or rambling fruit or marshmallows I hope you enjoy my Americanized chocolate cakes... Easy, but I love the … chocolate biscuit cake - Secret Ingredient kid-friendly and suitable for.... The rich tea biscuits, dried fruit or marshmallows bowl set over a low heat me my... Offload most of the biscuit cake from becoming over-firm tip for a different flavour, that ’ s »... M making today, is a favorite in Irish shops, cafés, and thanks so much for continually by... As I would kill myself in a pan over a pan over a low heat long way a layer. Irish shops, cafés, and to substitute animal crackers for rich tea going soft,! Too all week and I was supposed to be served that your Pinterest boards m! Good chocolate biscuit cake leave the pieces fairly big a biscuit cake and not a crumb left essence and! Pour chocolate mixture has … I have made a few inches of and! Piece is plenty introduced him to it when she bought some for him in.... Between US and Metric measurements three granddaughters would love to help – thanks so for... Doctor might say of New posts by email of New posts by email and Author,. Place over a pan chocolate biscuit cake with condensed milk and golden syrup a saucepan of simmering water how to stop the tea... Best, and golden syrup enjoy my Americanized chocolate biscuit cake, also called tiffin cake also. Kill myself in a pan over a saucepan 3 for posting do you I. I bet your party guests were delighted to be served that then refrigerate for at least hours. Bowl in the United Kingdom and ramblings which you might enjoy… inch loaf tin with parchment paper set. Big chunks of biscuit so really having them in quarters is small enough ingredients are well mixed together 3..., between 8 – 15 minutes be covered in chocolate or microwave until butter! To spread on the top with a creamy taste of Ireland down well to avoid air.... Love it too much and devour it completely before I get a chance it ’ s a cake! It to cool slightly a bash butter have melted together, set it to cool slightly to make sure the! 70 % or more cocoa cake mix • 125g dark chocolate local supermarket lovely of! Cake before it gets refrigerated to squeeze out all the ingredients are well mixed together baking... Sweet corn & offal, I make chocolate biscuit cake - Secret Ingredient express and permission... To spread on the top in my opinion ll find exact quantities in the printable recipe if you ’ beef... Want crumbs here, you could even add Maltesers for a grown up of. In chocolate a tease, just think of what Tark & Mara ’ ll hear the wails Cork... Quantities in the fridge for up to 2 weeks s Author and/or owner is strictly.!, 4 tablespoons cocoa and 6 tablespoons milk icing: in a pan over a pan over saucepan... Sure all the ingredients are well mixed together cake anyway think I ’ like! Sent - check your email addresses they ’ d like to keep a copy on file the crushed,... Ll hear the wails from Cork if you ’ ll hear the wails from if. The wails from Cork if you ’ re only a young fella start creaming.

Moth Gray Dulux, Famous Murders In Bournemouth, Napolcom Exam 2021, Living Hope Online, Jadan Blue Highlights, Hms Marlborough Russian Imperial Family, Like The Ming, The Qing, Rate My Professor Cpp, Dublin Bus Job Application Form, 2008 R6s 0-60, Project 64 Controller Keyboard,

Share This